Wanna party and play?
Here are some basics to keep in mind:
- Know your boundaries and stick to them. When you’re fucking on drugs, give some thought to how much you’re using, when you’re using and why you’re using them.
- If you’re injecting, snorting or using a pipe, try to use new equipment for each hit and not to share equipment. This is a good way to prevent transmitting Hepatitis C or HIV.
- If you’re having a big session, look after yourself by keeping hydrated and having something to eat. If you’re on HIV meds, take your next dose with you when you head out.
- It’s important to know that the combination of erectile dysfunction meds (ie. Viagra) and poppers causes your blood vessels to dilate, which may lead to a fatal drop in your blood pressure. Some HIV meds as well as ecstasy, speed, cocaine and crystal meth increase this risk.
- If you want to reduce your use of a drug or stop altogether, it can be helpful to talk to a counsellor, a doctor or a support group. We offer workshops and one-on-one counselling. KONTAK us for more info.